Working in my Classroom

Yesterday Easton (my 2 year old) and I spent about 3 1/2 hours working in my classroom!  Actually, I worked and he played.  For the most part he played by himself pretty good but the day pretty much went like this:  Organize/work, clean up Easton's mess, organize/work, clean up Easton's mess.  Bless him!

Here is a BEFORE picture, as in when I first walked in the door yesterday.  Note:  I worked in my classroom about 2 weeks ago so it's mostly set up.
Here is an AFTER picture, once I finished yesterday.  Unforunately, most of my pom poms fell down and half my posters fell down, too. 
I still have quite a bit to do, but I am definately getting there!  One of my goals yesterday was to get rid of my rolling book cart (which held most of my craft supplies and other random things).  This is what I had:
Now, all of my craft supplies are neatly organized on my new bookshelves. 

I've thought about how I would use my crayons this year.  I LOVE the serving bowl they are in, shown above.  But, I can just see kids picking through it to find the best crayon when asked to grab a handful of crayons to work with.  So, I bought these small bins at Dollar Tree and already filled them with crayons.  I'm not sure exactly where they'll go, but when it's time to color they are already filled and ready to go!  The serving bowl of crayons will be our extras or could be used in centers, small groups, etc.
I also spray painted a few more things!  Remember a few weeks ago when I showed you my bookshelf make-over using spray paint?  Well, this little wicker basket sits on top and holds all my CD's.  Yesterday I spray painted it green and LOVE it!  Doesn't it look great against the blue?
I couldn't end this post without showing you my sweet little helper!  He's all ready to learn!
Several people have asked if I'd do a tutorial on how to make pom poms.  Stay tuned, I plan to do that this week!

2 comments

  1. Wow! You already look so organized and you did all that in 3 hours with your helper? Well done!
    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cart looks awesome! Where did you purchase it? I would love to find one like that for my classroom. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top