Quick Check-In

Hey y'all...I wanted to share with y'all this morning! Before I do, I have AWESOME news! If you read my November Currently post yesterday, you read that 1) We sold our house and we close mid-December {Yay!!} and 2) We were waiting to hear back from a house that we put a final offer on to see if we got it (investors already had a contract and they had the choice to back out or price match us)....AND....We got the house!  We are so excited!  It's just beautiful! Now, we've got to get through home inspections and appraisals for both houses. The investors had 48 hours to decide and took almost every bit of that time. We kept praying that if this is where you want us, God, help us get it worked out. But, we worried and had doubts. Not 10 minutes after we heard that we got the house, it started raining which I thought was odd because it was sunny outside. I looked outside, saw this beautiful rainbow, and within minutes it quit raining and never rained again the rest of the day. Y'all, God is sooooo good! It's like he was saying, "I've got this...I've taken care of it, you just have to trust me." What a beautiful sign and just what I needed.
Now, onto school related stuff!! I cannot tell you how excited I am to be able to spend several months at home with my little one. He just loves doing "school" stuff and I have lots of fun activities planned for us!  Yesterday we lined up letters of the alphabet. Then, he got animal cards out and placed by the letters. Fun!
This week in 5th grade we began our fraction unit. I LOVE these fraction tiles! Our school ordered these for us and the kids love using them!
We started off our unit by reviewing the term "unit fraction" and "equivalent fractions". We used the fraction tiles to identify equivalent fractions.

Fifth grade Social Studies standards in South Carolina are the best! I LOVE the history I teach. We are in the middle of our unit on the Industrial Revolution. The kids are enjoying it as well and I inherited (and will pass on) lots of awesome books that go along with our standards. We've read this book each afternoon before leaving.
This week my principal and I interviewed a candidate who applied for my position. This move is starting to get VERY real! Eeekkk.

3 comments

  1. Lana I am thrilled for you and your family! Congratulations again! What a beautiful sign from God reminding you that he is looking over your family during this hectic time. :) In school news, thanks for reminding me about how great those fraction tiles are, maybe I can get my principal to order us a few more for each of our classrooms.
    xoxo
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh God is so good!!! That is awesome news. All the best with the inspections etc!

    Erin
    The E-Z Class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when God does things to show us how faithful He is! Congrats on the house!!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top