Five for Friday {June 19}

Happy Friday! I've been on summer break now for about three weeks and it is FLYING by already! I am linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.
 
We have had a busy, but great week here. I signed up my son up for his first swimming lesson and he is loving it! We've went every morning this week. We've also had lots of errands to run and fit in a few fun things, too.
 
 
I found out recently that I would be teaching Social Studies next year. When I was hired I knew I'd be ELA, but wasn't sure if I'd teach Social Studies or not. Since I am, I snagged up this cute deal featured on Jane a few days ago. It's a world map fabric flag bunting. I'm not sure how I'll use it, but I love history and thought it would be a cute addition. 
I am LOVING the blog add on's I purchased from Dream Like Magic. I had them add the horizontal bar at the top, social media buttons, and labels on my sidebar. Love it! 
I love to be outdoors and I think it's important for kids to play outside and enjoy nature. This morning my son and I went to a state park and went on a hike by the lake. It was beautiful and we had such a great time.



While we were at the state park, we had a mini history lesson about the fort. The fort was built in 1793. We talked about how the American built this fort to protect themselves from the Indians in the area.

 
I have ordered lots of new books to use as mentor texts to teach various reading strategies. I just blogged here about a few books I ordered to teach the strategy making connections. I'd love for you to share what books you use for this strategy. Keep on the lookout for other mentor texts/strategy posts! 
Have a great weekend!

1 comment

  1. Sounds like your week has been brilliant!! I hope the swimming lessons continue to go well!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top