Easy Curtains

I've been busy soaking up the last days of summer while attending meetings and working on a few last details in my classroom!  Stay tuned next Tuesday for a classroom reveal!  

Today I am linking up with The First Grade Parade for Throwback Thursday!  I wrote this post in August of 2012.  

I have always wanted curtains for my classroom, but never wanted to spend the money on them. Plus, I don't know how to sew.  But, when I went to school last week and saw both 5th grade teachers with curtains, it convinced me even more that I wanted them!  They let me in on a little secret:  they used pillowcases!  First, you need these materials:  spring tension rod and pillowcases. I used two king size per window.
All you do is put the pillowcase through one side and cut a small hole in the other.  Here is what they look like!
I am pleased with how they turned out! 

* Now I am tempted to look for chevron pillowcases to update my windows!! :)

9 comments

  1. Wow they look surprizingly cool! Who knew pillow cases could be so versatile!
    Erin
    The E-Z Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple and fantastic idea! So clever! Thanks for sharing!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an easy idea! Thank you.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would have thought?? Not me, what a great easy idea!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! What a simple idea! AND...chevron window coverings?!? I'll be so jealous! Can't wait for your classroom reveal!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a quick and easy way to make curtains...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how to sew either!! This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing:) Can't wait to see your classroom!

    Natalie

    teachingwithmrsbro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genius! I typically hand anything needing sewing over to my Mom, but I think I could handle making these curtains on my own! Thanks for the tip! ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top